- The Olympiad is open to all students between ages 12 and 18.
- A project can be done individually or as a team consisting of two students. There should be supervisor (teacher, parent or guardian)
- The same project can NOT be submitted in consecutive years without significant progress or changes.
- A participant can submit up to 3 projects.
- Projects which are submitted to other organizations/fairs can be submitted without changes.
- The working language of Olympiad is English. All works should be done in English language.
- All projects should be registered until deadline.
- Projects can be submitted in these categories; Science(Physics, Ecology, Chemistry), IT(Hardware and Short Movie) and Invention.
- Completed science projects should have ready project paper and video of presentation, in which students briefly explains their project.
- In IT-Short Movie category submitting an abstract and movie itself is needed. IT-Hardware project is required to have an abstract and video presentation.
- Invention project should have an abstract and video presentation.
- Presentation of the models is highly encouraged, but not required.
- Uploading video(presentation or movie) is obligatory.
- All projects should be uploaded on YouTube (http://www.wikihow.com/Upload-a-Video-to-YouTube) and be named as following: <Country_Project Name_For UNIPO-2019>
- Project presentation video duration should be from 4 to 7 minutes. The shifting in time will lead to reduction in points. In Short Movie category video duration can be up to 12 minutes.
- UNIPO takes the right to use registered presentation videos in promotional campaigns.
- In all aspects of the projects, participants must maintain integrity.
- Participants must avoid any misconduct or fraud, such as falsifying data or records, piracy or plagiarism (presenting another person’s work as one’s own). Jury members have the right to reject project because of plagiarism suspect.
- All students are required to adhere to the rules set by the UNIPO, and these rules may change without any notification.
There is a fee to participate in the Olympiad, which will cover executive and logistics expenses related with organization. There are two different payment categories:
- 20 $ -Application fee. In this category, projects will be evaluated and participants will receive participation and medal certificates
- 45 $ – Application fee. In this category, projects will be evaluated and participants will receive certificates and medals. Medals will be sent by postal service.
All Supervisors will recieve participation certificates.
Projects will not be evaluated without payment.
DEADLINES FOR UNIPO-2019
- The Project Applications will start on February 15, 2019. The link will be available on this website, all applications are made online.
- The Project Application Deadline is April 15th, 2019.
- Final Results will be announced on April 30th, 2019