In Ecology Category, the study of plant and animal populations, plant and animal communities, the network of relations among organisms are conducted.
Students are expected to find solutions to problems related to the movement of food, resources, and energy through living communities; the assessment of the value of the local ecosystems; the effects of populations on ecosystems (e.g., excessive fishing, excessive farming); the destruction of habitat and its effects on the health of living organisms, including humans; genetic pollution and hybridization and their effects on food security and biodiversity; the effects of climate change on biodiversity; the distribution and abundance of organisms; and etc.
- Topic: From mentioned subjects.
- Create a project that is safe and permitted by your parents.
- Participants should create a project, record clearly (with high sound and video quality) during demonstration and explanation of created project in front of a stand.
- Complete research paper
- Research paper: All project paper should include:
- Materials and Methods
- References/ Bibliography
- File upload: Presentation video should be uploaded to YouTube
- Project paper and registration which include video link should be sent to UNIPO by email.
- Participants: Main person(s) not more than 2 will be awarded.
- Video file and format:
- File name: Video title_Country_UNIPO-2019
- Duration: Length of video may vary from 3 to 7 minutes
- Video size: Not smaller than 720p: 1280×720
- All entries should begin with a 5 second full-screen “title screen” that includes the following information:
- Judging criteria:
- Scientific Method
- Oral presentation
- Stand design
- Data Management